Here are some tips to help keep them looking beautiful:
- Wash your hair no more than every other day.
- When washing your hair, use warm, NOT HOT, water. Use your fingertips to wash gently in between the keratin bonding. Wash your hair using a downward motion – DO NOT pile all the hair on top of your head and scrub!
- Use conditioner on the ends of your hair and leave on for about 5 minutes.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle wet hair. Always comb starting at the ends and work your way up until the tangles are out.
- Allow your hair to air dry for a few minutes, and then DRY COMPLETELY with your hair dryer. Even after drying a section of hair, you may feel some dampness, so go back and make sure all sections are totally dry.
- Do not sleep with wet hair! (I learned this one the hard way!)
- When styling and after drying your hair, use a repairing or anti-frizz serum on the ends of your hair to keep them looking healthy.
- When using curling and flat irons, do not let the hot metal touch the keratin bonding – it will melt.
- If the keratin bonding becomes sticky (even though it is dry), apply some baby powder on them. This also helps absorb excess scalp oils.
- Try not to play with the keratin bonding. It will loosen and cause the extensions to fall out.
- If any of your extensions do fall out, save them and ask your stylist to reapply them. (See your stylist for pricing.)
If you decide to take the extensions out, revive your natural hair with a deep conditioning or hot oil treatment. Try a scalp treatment too – you’ll feel amazing!
Questions or comments? Leave a message!