Let’s “focus” on the eyes! Eyeglasses naturally draw attention to your eyes. So the goal is clean, defined eyes, as glasses can magnify and/or blur your eye area.
With no makeup on, put on your glasses. Do they make your eyes look bigger or smaller than they actually are?
- If your glasses make your eyes look a little bit smaller, let’s make them look bigger!
- Use a highlight shade (such as a light white, cream or pink) on the inside corners of the eye and under the brows.
- Apply a mid-tone shade (like a medium brown) to the outside corners and a little bit up into the crease.
- Apply mascara with a “lengthening” motion: one forward motion from the root to the ends. Just 1 coat will define the eyes.
- If they make your eyes look bigger, let's play them down a bit!
- Use a muted highlight shade (maybe soft peach or nude) under the brows.
- Sweep a smoky gray or brown eyeshadow over the entire lid and a little up into the crease.
- Apply 1 or 2 coats of mascara with a “thickening” motion: zig-zag motion from root to the ends.
- Apply eye cream or moisturizer to soften any fine lines.
- Use a magnifying mirror when putting on your makeup so you can see!
- Shape and maintain your eyebrows!
- Curl your lashes so they don’t touch the lenses. (Curled lashes are always good!)
- Use black or brown eyeliner for definition.
- Try water-resistant and long- wearing eye makeup so it doesn’t smudge!
For your face and lips: Try soft shades for bold frames, brighter shades for delicate frames. Neutrals always work!
Watch my video here: http://www.youtube.com/jamiehair#p/u/11/mwqqehU5JAA
What are your tips for wearing makeup with eyeglasses?
Questions or comments? Leave a message!